I was invited on the new high tech mega ship “The Quantum of the Seas” last year in November. We sailed for two days to nowhere out of Bayonne, N.J. Surprisingly it was such an easy process boarding that I was skeptical that I would be called back for something they overlooked. I asked the agent “Is that it?” She stood with her electronic device and asked a few questions and next thing I know I am through security and on my way to check out one of the most innovative ships ever to sail on the ocean.
As I have mentioned in the past I am not a big fan of ocean cruising. I prefer small specialty ships that experience off the beaten path itineraries that give outstanding service and do not know what the word “no” means. However, I will have to eat those words once again. The ship experience was absolutely amazing. They pulled out all the stops on this one. Was the service the same as a small ship? Absolutely not, but that is not why people cruise on this ship. The service was decent for what you would expect on a mega ship. They cruise for all the bells and whistles.
There is a gondola that lifts you 303 feet up above the ship. The views are absolutely amazing when leaving the port of Bayonne.
Fun Facts About This Ship
– You can literally reach out and touch face of the Statue of Liberty if the ship was close enough. The ship carries 4,180 guests. To put this ship in perspective if it was standing straight up at 1341 feet it would be 2.5 times taller than the Pyramid of Giza, or equal to the length of 3.5 regulation size soccer fields.
– Longer than 5 Boeing 747’s jetliners – 11 times bigger than a blue whale – with 2,090 guest rooms it has more accommodations than the Waldorf Astoria. This ship has some of the latest technology. You can wear a wristband to open the door to your cabin as well as charge anything you may need to purchase on the ship. They make the entire experience stress free. It has state of the art wireless for better connections for devices while at sea. There is also arobotic bar tender. So see this robot in action is quite uncanny.
– This ship was truly designed with millennial generation in mind which makes it a great trip for family and friends. Millennial more than any other generation love traveling as a group. The group could befriends or family. The Quantum of Seas will be transitioned to China later this year, but not to worry the sister ship that it exactly the same will debut in the U.S. If you are looking for a Mega experience this category of ship may be for you.
7 Reasons Why Quantum of the Seas or sister ship The Anthem May Be a Great Option for You
- It is a great way to spend time when family members of all generations.
- There are lots of activities for every age group.
- Pack and unpack your suitcase once.
- Eat as much food as your heart desires.
- Great entertainment at no extra cost which includes Broadway plays.
- Upscale dining in specialty restaurants that you pay a minimal cost for compared to what you would pay in a major city.
- Last but not least…Their wine bar has a huge selection of some of the best wines around the world… Vintages